We're seeking a Producer/Editor to join the digital video team at ABC News. This role is for someone who has a passion for news and visual storytelling. The Producer/Editor should have a strong background in cinematic and creative shooting. This person in the role should also produce content with a digital audience in mind. The Producer/ Editor will work on news-of-day and long-term video projects. The Producer/Editor will be responsible for pitching, sourcing and producing content for all ABC News platforms, including mobile, social and OTT. We're seeking a true collaborator to help bring energy and creativity to our growing team. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while demonstrating impeccable editorial judgment.
• Coordinate all aspects of a production including preproduction, field production and postproduction
• Created compelling content under tight deadline and work closely with editing and graphics teams
• Shoot on DSLR cameras
• Edit of segments and series
• Pitch and develop original story ideas
• Minimum of 3 years of cinematic shooting experience
• Knowledge of either AVID or Adobe Premiere is a must
• Experience writing scripts and news stories
• Willingness and desire to collaborate across different teams
• Ability to balance multiple priorities, projects and tasks
• Bring energy and positivity to the group
• Experience working in a news-driven environment
• Knowledge of Adobe After Effects is a plus
• Well organized and capable of rolling with change.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
ABC News is America's No. 1 news source, providing straightforward, fact-driven journalism across broadcast, streaming, digital and audio. ABC's award-winning programs include ''Good Morning America,'' ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ''GMA3: What You Need to Know,'' and ''The View''. Other platforms include ABC News Live, the network's 24/7 streaming channel; ABC News Studios, a premium, narrative nonfiction original production house; ABC News Digital, comprised of a diverse audience of more than 53 million monthly average users; ABC Audio, the premier source for radio news and industry-leading podcasts; FiveThirtyEight, renowned data journalism organization; and NewsOne, the affiliate news service. Based in New York City, ABC News is comprised of three US bureaus and eight international bureaus, with a presence in more than 20 countries around the world.
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $109,280 to $150,260 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC News:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC News.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy2o4q-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.