News Associates Program
New York, NY
ABC News is hiring an Art Director.
This is a Project position and employment will continue on this Project (at the company's sole discretion), and in no event shall extend past the completion of the Project.
The Art Director designs and executes information graphics and is the creative liaison between the artists in the graphics department and the different ABC News dayparts/shows. The Art Director collaborates with directors, producers, and writers and works with graphic artists to visualize editorial ideas and translate and improve upon initial concepts. Must be highly creative, innovative, extremely motivated, organized and able to handle creative pressures under extreme deadlines.
This person needs to be an ingenious visual problem solver. The candidate must be able to manage quick turnaround of graphics assets, work well in a team and with a wide range of people --or independently as the situation demands.
They also need to be able to manage artists and projects with great competence and skill as well as oversee the design and development of compelling/sophisticated visuals that both complement and enhance ABC News editorial content.
This position requires hands-on proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite. Must also have knowledge of graphics software such as VizRt, C4D, Maya, and Flame. Having a complete understanding of live graphic video production/animation and News graphics is a must.
• Minimum 5 years as a Designer overseeing video/motion graphics production
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, work ethic and a desire to be in a media and breaking news environment
• Excellent people skills, must be able to manage creative staff and deadlines
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, 3D, video production
• Strong editorial background/experience
• Detail-oriented with proficiency at managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Ability to think & communicate clearly and effectively, contributing to all discussions and strategy during the entire design process, from concept through completion
• Superior typography and design sensibilities
• BFA in Graphic/Digital Design or Animation
• Minimum 5 Years Experience in Graphic Design/Digital/Broadcast
BA or BS from a 4-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.