CBS Television Stations
ABC7 Chicago is looking for a resourceful, aggressive journalist to become part of the weekend assignment desk team.
The successful candidate will be an aggressive, self-sufficient journalist who recognizes a good news story and understands what it takes to bring it to audiences on all platforms. Duties include:
• Coordinating news coverage and dispatching colleagues to news stories
• Collaborating with news managers and producers to plan and execute news coverage
• Gathering information and verifying facts of news stories
• Monitoring scanners, social media, email and other information sources for news stories
• Maintaining contact and developing relationships with newsmakers, agencies, police and fire departments and other news sources
• Communicating new information to colleagues in a timely manner
• Ability to post information on digital platforms, including social media
Must understand and meet all journalistic and ethical standards when developing stories for all ABC7 platforms. Must be an excellent communicator and team player who demonstrates ability to assess newsworthiness of information. Must understand how to leverage social media as a news gathering tool.
3-5 years newsroom experience strongly preferred.
College degree required
This is a NABET represented position
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.