News Assignment Editor
ABC 7-DC in Washington, DC has an immediate opening for an energetic, creative live Good Morning Washington News Producer. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our weekday morning newscasts. This position will work closely with the Content Director, Senior Producer, Anchors, Reporters, Directors, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. In this position you will determine the content, pacing and flow of the shows and help develop content for our digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast. In addition to the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven high energy morning news environment.
The candidate must have a minimum of two years' experience producing engaging television newscasts at commercial news operations. The candidate must also have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts. Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must. Journalism degree preferred. You should also be proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews.
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Must have strong leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• Must have at least 3-5 years of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station
• Journalism degree preferred
When applying online, candidate must provide examples of newscast they have produced that show exceptional creativity. Please provide a link to your work.
Please, no phone calls.
If you do not have a link to your work, please apply online and then send a non-returnable DVD of a recent newscast to:
Attn: News Director
1100 Wilson Blvd., 6th Floor
Arlington, VA 22209
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!