ABC4 Utah seeks a creative show producer for its top-rated weekday morning lifestyle talk show, Good Things Utah. The Producer assists the Executive Producer, Local Programming Director and Creative Services Department with the overall production of Good Things Utah and its creative content execution on broadcast (ABC4) and digital platforms, which includes the abc4.com and the station's social media assets. Successful candidates must have excellent time-management and organization skills. Good written and oral communication skills are also necessary to maintain an efficient, effective production.
Show Producers must be able to manage multiple production projects, communicate well with multiple departments (News, Sales, Programming, Creative Services) and be able to make quick and sound editorial decisions including:
• Deciding which segments, guests and stories are of most interest to our audience, both broadcast and digital consumers.
• Prioritize quest segments, stories and show development efforts.
• Determine and supervise the order in which segments and guests will be told and scheduled in broadcasts.
• Coach producers, hosts, contributors and interns with writing compelling broadcast and digital content focused for our audience.
• Ability to quickly adjust show segments and guests to accommodate breaking news or developing news relevant to our audience.
• Communicate best practices effectively and professionally with the show's team.
• Assist in the supervision of station's digital content pages.
• Write and coach how to write compelling teases to bring viewers to our broadcasts.
• Time broadcasts and insure they are clean and correct on the air.
• Edit video for broadcast as well as online use when needed.
Requirements and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• At least two years of experience producing broadcast news.
• Fluency in English with strong spelling and grammar.
• An understanding of and willingness to grow Human Resources best practices.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with both coworkers and the public.
• Proficiency with computers, tablets and mobile digital devices.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work and shift, with some late notice of shift and schedule changes.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
• Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and can handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8912-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.