KTVX, ABC4, Salt Lake City, Utah is looking for its next prime evening News Anchor. We are searching for just the right candidate, who wants to make Salt Lake City home for many years to come. We are looking for a News Anchor whose journalistic skills will shine on and off the air, whose presence shows credibility and trustworthiness. He/she must be a leader both on the air and within the newsroom and be able to present content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to consumers.
Our News Anchor will also represent the station at remote newscasts, community events, and parades. Join us at Nexstar as we grow ratings and share, covering our beautiful state of Utah. If you love the outdoors, this is the place for you. Whether its skiing, snowboarding, hiking, swimming, or fishing. we have it all. As a prime evening News Anchor, you will anchor all the early evening and nightside newscasts Monday through Friday. We are looking for a leader in the newsroom, able to be an example to young journalists around you.
DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in writing copy, copy editing, researching, and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Communicates clearly with team members.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances (parades, community events).
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Bachelor's degree in communications/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education).
• Three years television anchoring or reporting experience required.
• Solid vocal delivery and clear enunciation a must. Strong ability to ad lib when required.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgement with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers, and issues.
• Solid newsroom citizen, strong everyday good attitude, promoter of teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel.
• Strong reporting skills.
• Understand importance of social media.
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Able to work afternoon/evenings.
• Proficient in ENPS, Adobe Premier, and Teams.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: Must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq7qz1-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.