ABC 33/40 has an immediate opening for a creative Digital Content Producer. The candidate will be responsible for day-to-day digital content production for abc3340.com as well as our social media channels. You will also work closely with the Executive Producer, and Assignment Desk on content. In this position, you will determine the content, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Able to find and report news along with knowing how to spot content that can resonate with the audience on all platforms
• Ability to interpret a wide variety of sources, including but not limited to press releases, social media posts, government statements and court rulings, and be able to seamlessly report/post online news content/stories from that source
• Able to communicate and work well with a team while also being able to work independently and with minimal direction when necessary
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Ability to learn master proprietary content management systems in order to post/update digital content
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• Ability to work nights and weekends are a must
• Must have at least 1-2 years of previous web producing experience at a commercial TV station
• A journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3q6k-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.