- Part Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionNews Production Assistant (PT)
KAEF ABC 23 in Eureka, CA has an exciting opportunity for a part-time News Production Assistant! We are looking for an energetic, reliable, and creative candidate to help prepare and execute on-air newscasts. This person may also create content for our digital and social platforms (website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.). This is a great entry-level position for someone looking to launch a career in news, television, or various digital and social roles.
This position works closely with newsroom managers/leaders, newscast producer, and production crew to deliver late-breaking, informative news, weather, and traffic coverage to Northern California. Come be part of the team that delivers the region's most-watched news 7 days a week on KAEF ABC 23. We are North Coast News!
• Operating Graphics, Audio, or Camera for our Evening newscasts
• Prepping for newscasts including but not limited to: preparing graphics to air during newscast, studio and set preparation, operating an audio board, operating studio cameras during live newscasts
• Video editing for newscasts
• Creating content for our digital and social platforms
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience is not necessary, but education and/or internship in television or related field preferred
• Training will be provided
• Shifts vary; must be able to work morning and/or weekends, as needed
• Candidates must submit current resume detailing relevant experience and interests
General Hours: [5 p.m. to 12 a.m. Monday-Friday]
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including days and weekends
• Other hours as needed, on occasion
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g43v7z-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.