- Part Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
News Producer (PT)
KAEF ABC 23/KBVU FOX 29 in Eureka, California has an immediate opening for a Part Time News Producer to join our awesome team! In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day production of our newscasts. This position will work closely with the News Director and Full Time Producer, gathering content and confirming information for the newscast. You will help determine the content and flow of newscasts, produce/run graphics and audio, manage floors, shoot breakers/broll and work with management/on-air staff to enterprise and write stories for air, web and social media.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid news judgment.
• Be a compelling and accurate writer (knowledge of AP Style is a plus).
• Be able to multitask and manage time to put together an exciting, informative and legally-sound newscast.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment under pressure.
• Strong communication skills, a keen attention to detail and proper spelling is an absolute must!
• Ability to receive constructive feedback intended for growth and professional development.
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in or willingness to learn non-linear editing (i.e. AVID Media Composer) and newsroom systems like iNews.
• Must be willing to work all holidays, some weekends and other hours as needed for breaking news.
• Must have at least some previous newsroom experience either in undergraduate or internship setting at a commercial TV station, although the right entry-level candidates with great attitudes and the eagerness to learn may be considered. We are willing to teach you what you need to know. Please include a link to your news reel if you have one.
• A journalism degree is preferred. A focus in film/theatre is not ideal for this type of news position.
• Candidates with a solid grasp of social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, are preferred. If you get excited to do a Facebook Live in the field or in the studio about what you're working on for the show, this position might be perfect for you!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!