KAEF ABC 23 in Eureka, CA has an exciting opportunity for a Anchor/Multimedia Journalist (MMJ)!
Your responsibilities as an Anchor/MMJ will include anchoring, reporting, shooting and editing news stories, managing social media pages, writing articles for digital, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, making community appearances on behalf of the station, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the social media, web/digital, in addition to television.
Skills and Experience:
• Sharp news judgment and strong communicating skills, both written and verbal
• Self-starter and who generates own story ideas
• Thrives on breaking news, Live and social media
• Demonstrates enterprise reporting and creativity in storytelling
• Works well with others and independently, with ability to take constructive feedback intended to enhance performance
Requirements and Qualifications:
• No reporting experience required, but previous internship at a TV station preferred
• College degree in Journalism or a related field preferred
• Knowledge of AP Style and editing is a plus
• Experience with AVID Media Composer is a plus
• Experience with Live shots and Live-U is a plus
• Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel. Applications without a reel will not be given further consideration.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7z47-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.