WSET ABC 13 in Lynchburg, Virginia has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Chief Photographer to lead our staff of Photographers and Multimedia Journalists (MMJs). We are looking for a leader who knows how to tell great stories with video and sound, and can inspire excellence from the staff. Our Chief Photographer manages, evaluates, and develops a team of photographers and MMJs. Along with daily news gathering, the Chief Photographer is responsible for recruiting and training staff photographers and editors, utilizing our SAT truck, working as a visual observer and/or pilot for our drone (SKY 13) and ensuring vehicle and equipment maintenance is being performed regularly.
Candidate must be able to perform the following:
• Provide constructive feedback on shooting and editing of videographers and MMJs
• Train staff on ENG truck and Live U operation
• Assist News Director with hiring and scheduling of staff
• Creative editing on Avid system
• Must have at least three (3) years of television news photography and non-linear editing experience
• Must also be professional, organized, and highly motivated
• Degree in a related field preferred
• Knowledge and experience with television news photography is required
• Technical knowledge of SAT vehicles, LIVE U, and AVID editing is a must
• The ability to work independently and be able to gather and meet news deadlines is required
While completing the online application, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo5nx-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.