Senior Manager Of Business Development & Strategy
New York, NY
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Fourteen straight years of double digit growth. Thanks to our International Team, which specializes in taking US hits and making them global hits. We are an energetic group of die-hard travelers with a strong track record of identifying and acquiring winning programming from the English language, European and Asian markets. We currently manage 76 channels around the world with staff offices in London, Rome, Tokyo, Seoul, Munich and Singapore, and we're fluent in at least 42 languages. Parlez-vous français? Ni hui shuo zhongwen ma? If you answered ''yes'' (in any language) and enjoy having your passport stamped, our department might just be your next destination.
A+E has transformed itself into a leading purveyor of original unscripted content, not only powering the traditional linear networks for which it's known (A&E, History, Lifetime) but also building a prolific global licensing program to take advantage of emerging digital distribution around the world. At the same time, it has deployed multiple direct-to-consumer services (Lifetime Movie Club, History Vault, Crime Central) that allow it to craft end-user experiences that are unique to its content library.
A+E's Global Content Sales (GCS) division is at the forefront of each of these initiatives and will continue to drive the Company's growth in these non-traditional activities. Lines of business within GCS include:
• global linear content licensing
• global digital content licensing (TVOD, SVOD, AVOD and FAST channels)
• operation of direct-to-consumer services
• management of owned-and-operated linear channels
• administration of program license agreements (PLAs) to linear channels and associated joint ventures
• non-U.S. co-productions and acquisitions
In this newly conceived role, the Vice President, Strategy and Business Development is tasked with the identification, development and execution of growth initiatives that optimize future revenue while ensuring that A+E will remain in a position to control its destiny.
More About What You'll Do:
Gather data from internal and external resources and develop analyses that inform strategic decisions across all of A+E's GCS business unit, including:
• geographic market entry
• content licensing
• partnership participation
• Work collaboratively across GCS and the greater A+E Networks to execute production, distribution and technology partnerships.
• Negotiate partnerships and/or licensing agreements to support content monetization activity with a particular focus on A+E's direct-to-consumer services.
• Draft and present qualitative/quantitative plans to senior management to propose the launch of new business lines within A+E.
Your Story (what you need to have)
• 10+ years' experience working in the video content business, ideally in companies that have linear channel operations
• First-hand leadership of emerging distribution models; a sense of how to manage disruptive technologies
• Direct experience in negotiating licensing agreements and technology partnerships
• Demonstrated track record of success in non-U.S. territories
• Excellent and persuasive oral and written communication skills, with comfort in presenting to senior management
• Hands-on work ethic, particularly with respect to data acquisition and modeling; a predisposition for ''getting things done'' while taking a collaborative approach
• A strong personal character that embraces honesty and transparency while serving as a champion of the greater business
• Passion for technology as applied to the media business
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.