Technical Evaluation Technician, Short Form (Temporary) - Remote
Currently, all staff and non-staff are working remotely except for select roles that have an in office requirement. We value the health and safety of the people that work for us above all else, and our office re-openings will remain contingent on the course of the COVID variants and federal, state and local safety guidelines and recommendations.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Content Services and Operations consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast, and distribute content as well as run the technical infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude, are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
A+E's Global Acquisitions and Technical Operations team is a community of collaborative post-production and media operation professionals. Together, we oversee the delivery, technical evaluation, and QC process for over 300 program masters each month along with short form, podcasts, and international programming across A+E's entire brand portfolio. The team also consults with our production partners on post-production best practices and technical workflows.
This Technician will be responsible for performing Technical Evaluation and Quality Control of a variety of A+E Networks Short Form programs. The Technician will uphold specs and standard operating procedures that adhere to the US and Global requirements. This includes all English language Short Form content delivered for both domestic and worldwide distribution, as well as A+E owned foreign language productions.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Perform technical evaluations of A+E short form programming in both a remote environment, as well as, on site when needed. On site the individual will use Adobe Premiere with SDVI integration, Baton Auto QC, IPV, Wohlers, vectorscopes and waveform monitors. Remotely, the technician will also use Adobe Premiere with SDVI, along with Scopebox soft scopes, and Adobe Audition. Familiarity with these systems is a plus. The technician will use these systems to evaluate video, audio, and closed captioning issues. This ensures all programs meet A+E global technical standards.
• Review and monitor all audio tracks to make sure they meet Global standards. Must have solid understanding of Full Mix, M&E and split audio. 5.1 knowledge a plus.
• Perform a technical evaluation on all re-deliveries to confirm all fixes were properly made.
• Proactively troubleshoot video and audio issues and persistently apply industry knowledge to meet high technical standards.
• Communicate with scheduling, captioning and network managers re: specific program status as required.
• Attend QC dept. meetings and follow all procedures as assigned.
• Maintain an appropriate remote workspace that allows for maximum attention and concentration on required content, along with a robust internet connection capable of downloading large files at fast speeds
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will learn what it takes to produce and deliver high quality content to markets around the world. You will acquire a wide range of technical knowledge of television media, as well as a deep understanding of the standards and requirements needed to distribute that content worldwide. You will be at the forefront of developing and testing the new workflows and technology needed to continue producing and delivering the award-winning content A+E Networks is known for.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker and a proactive problem-solver. You are proficient in HD Video and audio production and technical specifications with an excellent understanding of video levels, audio meters and all technical specs as needed. You have knowledge of post-production processes and file formats, giving you an understanding of technical requirements and distribution workflows. Proactive work ethic while maintaining a keen focus on accuracy in a detailed oriented workflow a must, a positive attitude with a desire to excel in a team-oriented culture and a passion for new technology.
A strong technical understanding of broadcast quality production, editing and mastering is required, including standards conversion, video compression and best practices for handling HD footage during post-production in both tape and file-based workflows. Firm comprehension of audio mixing and stem creation is required. Knowledge of 4K formats and processing a plus.
Management of schedule and ability to prioritize deadlines and workload is critical. This ensures individuals are notified promptly and accordingly on status of shows and media as well as made aware of any necessary changes to current workload.
• A strong technical understanding of broadcast quality production, firm comprehension of audio mixing and stem creation is required.
• Must be well versed in multiple frame rates, file resolutions and codecs.
• Must have an excellent understanding of waveform monitors, vectorscopes, audio meters and all technical specs as needed. Knowledge of NLE softscopes and/or Scopebox a plus.
• Self-motivated to achieve goals, highly collaborative, resourceful with proven ability to work proactively, independently under tight timeframes in a fast-paced, growth environment.
• An innovative, passionate, and team-focused operational professional.
• Comfortable with an outward facing communication style, representing A+E Networks to our partners.
• Must have solid understanding of Full Mix, M&E and split audio. 5.1 knowledge a plus.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to quickly adapt to new technology and workflows.
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite, SDVI Rally, and IPV is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be extremely organized.
• Knowledge of audio mixing and stem creation a plus.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9e8qk-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.