Sr. HR Manager
New York, NY
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Our People Team is aptly named. We're all about ''people'' and all about ''team'' - and all in the service of outcomes. Whether we're helping to structure an organization, fill a key role, forecast new capabilities, align teams or grow leaders at all levels, we are all about results. We do the right thing even when it's hard, help others have tough conversations, and we're thrilled to support the growth of this amazing company. As People Partners to the business, we are trusted advisors who collaborate closely with our People Specialists to deliver smart solutions to tough organizational, process and people challenges. As a creative company, we're all about talent. We're the ones who find them, grow them and keep them!
As the Manager of Talent & Learning Development, you will help drive the design, development and implementation of innovative, creative, high-impact talent management and learning strategies to drive outstanding business performance. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of People Development & Learning.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Learning & Development
• Assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and creates suitable training solutions for employees.
• Conducts annual training and development needs assessment via data gathering, focus groups and interviews with senior leaders
• Drives the design, development, delivery, evaluation, and administration of various training and development programs (including executive and leadership training, coaching, new manager curriculum, online training, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion,) and ensure training effectiveness and return on investment (ROI).
• Creates training metric scorecards to communicate and track effectiveness of training solutions.
• Manages diversity, equity and inclusion training and engagement programs to support A+E's DE&I goals.
• Manages the communication, and administration of scheduling and registration to track employee training participation and progress.
• Manages vendor relationships for learning and development courses, workshops, coaching, etc.
• Working with leader as a business process lead and subject matter expert in design, developing and implementing a learning management system from identification of LMS vendor to launch.
• Researches and keeps informed on learning & talent management best practices.
• Provides end to end project and program management for all companywide initiatives: Performance Management, Succession Management including talent reviews, Career Pathing, Competency Development, Employee Engagement. Provides the same rigor and expertise in learning and development, including high potential development.
• Partners with HR Operations, IT and leader to design, develop and implement Performance Management, Talent Reviews, Succession Management, Individual Development Planning modules in Workday (includes Workday reporting, user testing, training, communication and change management).
• Partners with key stakeholders (People Team, HR OPs, and business leaders) to drive implementation, change management and issue management.
• Analyzes key data, identify trends, generate insights, present results, recommend solutions, and drive decisions to completion.
• Measures the impact of initiatives in delivering value for the business, which may include Change Management, Team Effectiveness, Leadership Development, Employee Engagement, Organizational Design, and Process Improvement.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have an opportunity to build transformational cultural, leadership, and organizational solutions. Also, you'll be able to seek out new innovative solutions and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted advisor and partner.
• Minimum 5-10 years of experience (Learning & Development, Talent Management, Change management and Project Management)
• 3-7 years of developing eLearning trainings using eLearning software (Adobe Captivate, etc.)
• Proven track record of designing, developing, and implementing learning & development & talent management processes on an enterprise wide level using project management and multitasking skills and experience
• Fluency in data analysis using Excel tools (pivot tables, VLOOKUP) and being able to analyze and present findings via PowerPoint, et al. tools to business stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal, and written communication skills, editing, listening, and presentation skills with an ability to clearly communicate and influence complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way to internal stakeholders. Will be able to deliver virtual & instructor led courses to employees using different delivery methods.
• Fluency with online development tools and multimedia platforms coupled with the ability to quickly self-teach new technology/software
• Proven critical-thinking and analysis skills and ability to use data to develop insights and strategies
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline (HR, Learning/education, Psychology, Communications…)
• Must be proficient in MS Office and project management software
• Ability to successfully work within a team environment and by yourself.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.