New York, NY
A+E Networks has an amazing Sr. Manager opportunity in New York providing support to the Finance & Accounting department
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Sr. Manager, Compensation & Benefits Accounting:
• Prepare the annual budget and quarterly forecasts for compensation and fringe expenses for the Company. Develop and maintain a detailed compensation budget file at the employee level. Develop the fringe expense budget and track each line time against the Plan. Refresh the estimates for the medical and dental costs per guidance from the Benefits broker. Partner with HR Total Rewards team to ensure compensation planning data is accurate and up to date.
• Coordinate with Benefits vendors and the HR Total Rewards team to ensure that the assumptions for the budgets/forecasts for fringe expenses are accurate.
• Track all open positions headcount and dollars and reconcile with the HR HRIS team.
• Provide necessary support to the Sr. Director of Compensation & Benefits in the completion of the Benefit Plan annual audits.
• Record all activities for the Qualified and Non-qualified Plans. Ensure that all the necessary mark-to-market activities for the Retirement Plans are properly captured and recorded in a timely fashion.
• Prepare the monthly headcount report for the monthly financial statement package.
• Responsible for determining and recording all comp & benefit accruals/entries for the monthly close cycle. Prepare a variance report for Close meeting review with the Sr. Director and the Financial Controller.
• Support the Sr. Director in the preparation and distribution of the monthly compensation management reports to Division Heads.
• Support the Sr. Director in maintaining a risks and opportunities schedule for the compensation and benefits budget.
• Provide needed compensation analysis to the Tax team for the Connecticut production credit filings.
• Review and process all benefits related invoices for payment.
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliation for all compensation and benefits accounts. Ensure all accrued items on the balance sheet are properly supported.
• Work on special projects as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to work with many stakeholders throughout the company. The role is a unique hybrid of FP&A and Accounting responsibilities. You'll have the opportunity to learn about HR and how our employees impact Finance. Our team is small and impactful; all ideas are welcome and our team encourages collaboration.
• BS Accounting Degree, preferably CPA
• 6-8 years of public accounting experience;
• Must be proficient with MS Excel and Word
• Knowledge of SAP is preferred
• Strong knowledge of the balance sheet and the income statement is required
• Media industry experience a plus
• Must be able to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Detailed-oriented and extremely organized
• Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k55z-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.