THE DIVISION'S STORY
Our global Legal and Business Affairs department believes in the promise and power of teamwork. When we work together as a cohesive unit – supporting, involving, appreciating and respecting each other – we can elevate our company, our clients, and ourselves. At A+E Networks, we have built and developed a culture based on the principles of effective communication, collaboration, accountability and trust. These guiding principles serve as our north star as we partner and strategize with other departments across the Company to help A+E Networks achieve its goals and stay at the forefront of a highly competitive, rapidly changing industry. If you share these values and want to learn more about who we are and what we do, consider joining our team.
*Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
The Senior Analyst, Global Rights manages the process of accurate legal review and rights management entry of Digital and International Content sales agreements. These actions require an in-depth knowledge of complex media platform rights, review of license terms (including exclusivity, holdbacks, renewals and other legal nuances), and a high level of problem-solving skills and data entry proficiency in a fast-paced environment that demands quick turnaround.
The position is critical to multiple departments within the company such as; Finance (since Finance relies solely on the rights management database for their revenue recognition, billing and collection); Digital Content Sales (confirming program rights and the ability to do sales); International Content Sales (for availability accuracy), International Programming fulfillment; Royalty Accounting (producer profit participation payments). This position's legal knowledge and accuracy in systems use directly affects the opportunity for increased sales revenue, as well as preventing breach of contract due to misuse of rights which leads to costly litigation.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Perform legal review and rights interpretation of content sales agreements and manage the process of capturing the rights and terms into our rights management database.
• Update the database when new content is ordered (refreshes and renewals), and when changes in the agreements and amendments arise.
• Support Manager in the legal review, interpretation, and coordination of complex International deals between the International Sales Team and the rights management database which is necessary to understanding rights availability for content sales
• A+E is currently operating on a remote basis.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Minimum of three years' experience performing legal analysis of various forms of programming and distribution agreements; preferably with knowledge/understanding of complex media rights and terms.
• Must have experience in working in a rights management system and entering legal rights data. Specific experience working in Jaguar System 7 Universal Rights Management and/or FilmTrack rights tracking software is a plus.
• High level of productivity, accuracy and attention to detail expected.
• Prior experience working at a broadcast or cable network, film studio, television distribution company, entertainment law firm, or comparable business specializing in entertainment/media transactions, highly preferred but not required.
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed; must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Legal knowledge of linear and multiplatform distribution rights, preferred.
• Proficiency in Excel required.
• Required Education: BA/BS Degree required, JD (optional)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpzo1-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.