The majority of our employees will have flexibility that allows them to choose a predominantly remote, predominantly in-office, or hybrid setup. Our official in-office locations in the United States includes LA, NYC, Stamford, and Chicago, and we have several other states in which employees may work remotely if their role isn't one that requires them to be in or near the office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our onsite attendance policies reflect that. If there is an on-site requirement for a role, it will be listed in the job description.
For those employees who would like to utilize our offices, full vaccination for COVID-19 is required for physical presence in A+E Networks workplaces. While A+E Networks will consider reasonable
accommodation requests regarding this policy in accordance with applicable law, such requests will not be considered until a conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate. Applicants should not submit any medical or health information in connection with their application for employment.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
As the saying goes, timing is everything - and no one understands that more than the Scheduling team. In addition to understanding the competitive landscape, we take deep analytical dives into the how's and when's of consumer behavior to ensure we always get the maximum number of eyeballs on our stories. Right next door in Acquisitions, we're focused on buying, licensing and using data to better understand our audience. We're also master negotiators who hate to lose, even if it's a game of ping-pong. Known for building relationships with key distributors, studios, independent producers and foreign network execs, we ensure Lifetime Nets are top of mind when, say, a multimillion-dollar theatrical movie package is being shopped. Do you thrive in a high-stakes, deadline-driven environment? We sure do.
We currently have an exciting entry-level opportunity for a detail-oriented, deadline driven, and resourceful individual, as a promo scheduling assistant. This person will support the promo scheduling team under the commercial operations division within ad sales.
Specifically, this position will schedule all on-air promotion spots and graphics under the direction of the Manager Promo Scheduling & Operations. The individual will have exposure to and work on promo scheduling for the entire A+E networks portfolio; with the primary networks of responsibility being FYI. The person will also provide support for A&E/History . They will be the primary back-up for A&E/History. This entails covering for A&E/History anytime that person is out the office. The role will support the team as needed and assist the Senior Director on special project initiatives.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Oversee scheduling and formatting of all promos and promo avails on commercial logs in traffic system (wide orbit), and create daily promotion logs that reflect the promotional plan guidelines.
• Oversee all aspects of promo & secondary events (in-show graphics) in promo optimizer
• RSG: Campaign 360, based on promo strategy provided by planning team.
• Maintain, update and manage promo inventory database systems On-Air Promo & Airtable.
• Primary After Hours Contact for respective network AOR. The role requires the individual be accessible after hours as needed. They will serve the as the primary contact for Broadcast Operations and other departments for LMN & History Espanol. This includes but is not limited to wide orbit and RSG related issues. They also may need to occasionally assist other brands after hours
• Attend various meetings to gather information needed to fulfill job requirements, including:
• Work in progress, program scheduling, commercial operations and meetings with the Senior Director
• Assist the Senior Director as needed on various projects.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
First and foremost, as a member of A+E Networks Ad Sales you will learn how to be a team player in a fast-paced, innovative environment. You will learn how to become a content matter expert in every aspect of our business. From programming to marketing to research and analytics you will learn the mission for each brand, the content they represent and the audiences they reach. You will learn how to take this knowledge and share it with current and potential advertising partners. You will learn how to persuade them to partner with us. You will learn budgetary goals and how the ad sales team is on the frontline in generating revenue for the organization. You will learn how to build relationships inside and outside the organization. You will learn how to have fun throughout this process. You will learn that this is a special place to work.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 4-year college degree preferred; 2 year and/or equivalent experience
• Minimum 1-year work experience including internship/college experience preferred
• Direct experience within TV or Media industry preferred
• Knowledge of M.S. Office Suite
• Natural problem solver with strong verbal & written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, work efficiently under pressure and respond quickly to change of direction.
• Able to work ahead always to best position themselves to cover at a moment's notice
• Able to juggle multiple brands and projects at the same time
• Knowledge of RSG: Campaign 360, Wide Orbit and/or another promo scheduling optimizer is a plus
• Must be available to be contacted and work after hours. Available to work overtime hours as necessary.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re5y21-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.