Post Production Technician (Temporary)-Remote
Currently, all staff and non-staff are working remotely except for select roles that have an in office requirement. We value the health and safety of the people that work for us above all else, and our office re-openings will remain contingent on the course of the COVID variants and federal, state and local safety guidelines and recommendations.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
The Post Production Technician will work collaboratively with internal department members as well as external stakeholders to provide technical support
of the post production process at A+E P roduction
Operations in NY including technical support for A+E internal production teams, Six West and Category Six . The role is responsible for maintain ing the media supply chain from receipt of assets to final delivery to broadcast a nd digital channel s . T he Post Production Technician re ports directly to t he Senior Director
of Post Production
Operations , executing and communicating all procedures, processes, workflows and directives set forth.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• S upport and administer all media assets and metadata living in the facility's Post Production environment, both on site and in the cloud.
• Support remote content production environments working with remote team members ensuring connectivity, and continuity of the operation.
• Assist in managing all client based and internal storage allocations on Avid ISIS/NEXIS, and Nearline storage systems.
• Administer folders , partitions, rules, and access across post production systems and storage.
• Onboard and p rovide technical support to Editors and Assistant Editors on site and working remotely.
• Liaise with clients to determine which media and projects are complete and can be archived and deleted from active production servers.
• Work with Technical Operations and Strategy Teams
on creating workflows and rules for media management, storage, and access. Help refine existing workflows to improve efficiency and increase employee knowledge base.
• Assist in en sur ing best practices in workflows and educate clients regarding new and existing procedures from a media management perspective.
• Support Vantage workflows for automated QC, camera Ingest and file delivery .
• Assist Technical Operations and Engineering in providing technical support within the facility as it pertains to the Avid Edit environment , and MAM systems.
• Assist Senior Director of Post Production
Operations with any assignments,
overflow and testing; included but not limited to internal training, troubleshooting, technical document creation and communication with external vendors.
• Work in Airtable with Client Services to advise and p rovide insight for best ways to complete assigned tasks.
• A s sist in administering and maintaining SaaS and cloud based solutions in the post environment.
• Assist in support for Internal production teams , Six West and Category Six: Tech Calls for Shoots, Post Production support, ingest, asset archive, delivery, workflow development and troubleshooting.
• Maintaining various systems trackers for resources, projects and assignments.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
You will have the opportunity to be part of the Post Production Technology Operations Team. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and to our viewers. You will assist in providing solutions for challenges both creatively and logistically to help stream line internal and external workflows and communications.
• Minimum 3 year's experience in post production technical support
• Long form, episodic and offline/online experience is preferred
• Broadcast or cable television network experience is preferred
• Comprehensive knowledge of Post Production workflows and processes
• Knowledge of Post Production software and systems including, but not limited to:
• Avid Media Composer, Avid Storage, Interplay, Vantage, Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience in remote workflows and technologies to enable remote post production : HP-RGS, Avid Edit on Demand, Teradici ,
• In-field production experience as an Asst Editor or Media Manager is a plus
• Experience with file transfer and cloud solutions: Aspera, Signiant, Media Silo, Frame.io, FTP,
• Knowledge of: Airtable , Office 365, MS Teams, Google G-Suite apps, Shift, Windows, Mac OSX
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8y0x-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.