New York, NY
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Much like medieval knights, our Legal and Business Affairs team protects the livelihood of the kingdom. We're the forgers of iron-clad contracts, overseers of content production and defenders of intellectual property rights. Given the competitive nature of our industry, collaboration and attention to detail are traits we highly prize, and you should value and match those attributes. Also, you should have a POV and enjoy staying tuned in to new commercial developments.
The Music Services Coordinator will work closely with the VP of Music Services and all team members supporting the Creative and Business endeavors of the Department.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Coordinator, Music Services Temp
Ability to work with both creative and business personalities within our Group and the internal and external clients and Artists we work with
Vigilant review of music use and production timeline for the myriad of projects the MSG works on
Create tracking methods to keep the MSG organized and on deadline
Team Support / Business
Schedule Meetings and Calls for Dept. Staff
Copyright research and internal research to track down agreements & schedules of works for AETN owned music
Research and fulfill requests for the music guilds
Maintain Budget Calendars
Q/C cue sheets and correct errors to avoid potential loss of revenue.
Data entry and run validation reports to ensure song files are entered properly in music software database
Set up new User accounts in cue sheet database
Trouble shoot cue sheet issues and fulfill requests from International
Outward Facing / Client Communication
Communicate with Composer(s), Production Houses and Suppliers to shore up licensing deficits
General audio file management including:
Box uploads and file conversions
Curate, organize and deliver Music Library audio files to tagging vendors
Organize and update Music Library metadata
PROMO audio file uploads for watermarking/ID when applicable
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to put all your energy and love of music to work in a supportive environment with likeminded people. You'll learn the nuts and bolts music publishing, support music supervision efforts, and you'll be encouraged to share your ideas and fresh perspective with our collaborative team.
• BA/BS Degree
• Track record at a media company, 5+ years' experience a plus
• Experience with Soundmouse, Music Maestro and/or Rights Bible software a plus
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple personalities within different departments
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Self-starter, driven to seek out new opportunities and develop ideas without direct oversight
• Adaptability, comfortable with shifting deadlines and direction
• Have strong feel for music and a passion to learn how it is monetized in television production
• Detail-oriented and extremely organized
• Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
• Must be able to uphold confidentiality
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.