THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
The Media Workflow Lead will join a team of highly motivated business professionals to perform the systems administration & configuration functions, as well as perform end-to-end qualification and user acceptance testing in support of A+E Networks' non-linear distribution of programming across global platforms and high-profile digital partners. This includes DTO, VOD, TVE, AVOD, OTT, SVOD, Brand Sites and cross-platforms apps and devices, both domestically and internationally.
This person will be focused on driving new media technologies & workflows, as well as optimizing existing processes for the Content Distribution Services (CDS) team in support of both internal and external partners & clients. Though technically minded, this individual will also work collaboratively with non-technical teams throughout the division to assess business needs and help deliver solutions.
Flexibility for nights & weekends are required, as they are expected to be a level of support for near 24-hour teams.
More About What You'll Do
• Act as primary liaison between CDS, Engineering, and EMS teams as related to projects & BAU workflows across the supply chain (post-production, transcoding, qc, delivery)
• Capture business requirements from CDS partners, liaising with internal tech teams to scope and implement solutions
• Responsible for the workflow builds within video encoding technologies (Alchemist, Telestream Vantage, Adobe Media Encoder, and Compressor, etc.)
• Evaluation of Quality Control Tools to maintain industry standards and best practices (GreyMeta, Vela, CaptionMaker)
• Experience with Evaluation and roll-out of digital delivery protocols & technologies (FTP, SFTP, Aspera, Signiant, Orchestrator)
• Track performance & BAU processes with external vendors to ensure they meet SLA requirements.
• Facilitate testing & vetting of new technical workflows
• Manage day-to-day technical relations with vendors (onboarding new vendors & clients, resolving technical issues or roadblocks)
• Coordinate time sensitive technical projects end-to-end for the CDS team
• Liaise with internal & external stakeholders to drive projects to completion
• BAU Workflow Management and engagement with the Encoding Supervisor/Manager, as well as the Delivery Supervisor/Manager
• Monitor growing cloud media archive, tracking errors and troubleshooting for internal CDS team, as well as internal Engineering and EMS teams
• Persistently strive to optimize and exploit efficiencies across the CDS supply chain
• Assist in the speedy resolution of technical questions from the internal teams as well as vendors & clients
What You'll Learn
This role offers the opportunity to work on projects aimed at adopting cutting edge technologies to support A+E Networks and push the boundaries of what's possible in today's evolving world of digital content and media.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 3-5 years of experience at a broadcast or digital media company in an operation or technically focused role
• Experience in a business or client facing role
• Firm understanding of the broadcast media supply chain and technical standards including post-production, transcoding, QC, and delivery
• Working knowledge of cloud providers, such as AWS, and basic cloud principles
• Ability to interpret and communicate technical specifications to non-technical personnel
• Experience leading or contributing to time sensitive projects
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word).
• Proactive work ethic while maintaining a keen focus on accuracy in a detailed oriented workflow a must.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills a must, in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent client service skills.
• Positive attitude with a desire to excel in a team-oriented culture.
• Passion for new technology and a desire to work in the entertainment/media industry.
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g45k51-3-226-72-118-42 in your application.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.