Media Quality Control Technician (Temporary)
THE DIVISION'S STORY:
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
A&E Television Networks is seeking a Media Quality Control Technician who is responsible for the QC of AETN programs. Candidate will perform a detailed assessment of SD and HD media. Must have the ability to identify any impairments, anomalies, artifacts, and ensure that all content meets network standards and critical deadlines. This Freelance position has flexible hours and you must have the ability to stream content from your home.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Perform technical quality check of proxy-based files for proper break structure, closed caption accuracy and audio/video sync.
• Decipher auto-QC reports and pass or reject accordingly.
• Monitor incoming emails, facilitate requests, prioritize completion dates and communicate all technical issues to Lead Tech/Supervisor.
• Multitask in a fast-paced environment effectively and work autonomously with minimal supervision.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to watch great content. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. Collaborate with Acquisitions and Producers to name just a few of the stakeholders in our organization. You will challenge your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 4 year bachelor's degree in TV/Film or Media Related Program and/or 2-4 years related job experience in the Media Industry.
• Extremely observant, with an excellent attention to detail.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Practical knowledge of production, post-production and broadcast related problems.
• Strong knowledge of Broadcast file formats, and the ability to read waveform/vector and audio scopes.
• Knowledge of SDVI Gateway a plus.
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere a plus.
• Knowledge of Baton Auto QC a plus.
• Positive attitude with a passion to excel in a team-oriented culture.
• High-Speed home internet; ability to download large media files.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.