Digital Video Sports Production Assistant
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
This role reports to Media Operations in Stamford Ct. The duties in this hybrid position include managing assets in Digital Media while also supporting Network Operations scheduling. This position would work non-traditional hours into the early evening and have regularly scheduled days off during the week. This role would also provide support in the department as needed for coverage due to unscheduled absence or vacation relief.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Support Broadcast Operations in finalizing broadcast logs using Wide Orbit and Bridge to prepare next day's logs and playlists
• Learn to Unfinalize and finalize logs in Wide Orbit including changing log stages as needed.
• Learn to use Bridge On Demand module to bring in the secondary events schedule as needed.
• Learn to validate the secondary events schedule in Bridge's Secondary Events Manager.
• Learn to generate playlist files in Bridge for any network assigned.
Support Broadcast Media Operations in Asset Delivery and Playback Readiness
• Determine and create work orders in Wide Orbit for scheduled commercials and promos with unprocessed media.
• Learn and implement commercial and promo processing workflows, troubleshooting, and communications to ensure all primary log events are delivered.
• Fulfill all requests for purge and purge and re-ingests.
• Provide Coverage for breaks, weekend and afterhours support, scheduled vacations, and sick time.
Assist in Managing, Updating, and Distributing List of Missing Programs Scheduled for Air
• Identify and keep a list of scheduled shows that have missing media assets in MediaFlex.
• Assess and document the status and progression of the materials through the processes of arrival, post production, A&E and EDM QC and ingest.
• Monitor these materials through the missing program materials report (MISR) and follow-up on ingest status with Post Production and/or A+E QC if missing items are time sensitive for air.
• Working with EDM and A+E QC, Commercial Operations and Broadcast Ops departments to troubleshoot MISR discrepancies on programs airing within 24 hours. Initiate remedial action and coordinate information flow.
• Send nightly status report notifying all connected departments of media still needed for the next broadcast day.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to support various aspects of Broadcast Media and Broadcast Operations, from delivery to scheduling of media elements. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. You will collaborate with all technical and operations teams throughout our technical facilities as you contribute to fulfilling the wide-ranging responsibilities of the Broadcast Operations. We will provide challenges for your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to preparing, delivering and scheduling award winning content for linear distribution and broadcast.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Film, Television or related field
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Both an analytical and creative thinking mind-set
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.