THE DIVISION'S STORY
We in Corporate Development are the matchmakers and die-hard romantics. Because for us, it's all about relationships. We scour the world over to find the right external partnerships to grow our current business and new business lines. As proud as we are of what A+E Networks already is, we're even more psyched about what it can be. You're a strategic thinker with your eye trained squarely on what's next. You like to work hard, brainstorm often and laugh a lot. And if you've read this far, swipe right. Actually, just click apply.
Lines Of Business Within GCS Include
A+E's Global Content Sales (GCS) division is at the forefront of each of these initiatives and will continue to drive the Company's growth in these non-traditional activities.
• global linear content licensing
• global digital content licensing (TVOD, SVOD, AVOD and FAST channels)
• operation of direct-to-consumer services
• management of owned-and-operated linear channels
• administration of program license agreements (PLAs) to linear channels and associated joint ventures
• non-US co-productions and acquisitions
In this newly conceived role, the Manager, Strategy and Business Development is tasked with the support for the development and execution of growth initiatives that optimize future revenue while ensuring that A+E will remain in a position to control its destiny.
More About What You'll Do
Construct quantitative models and form qualitative arguments that inform strategic decisions across all of A+E's GCS business unit, including:
• go-to-market strategies
• content valuation / pricing
• production , and, partnership participation
• Work collaboratively across GCS and the greater A+E Networks to support financial planning, sales, and technology integration activities
• Draft and, in some cases, present qualitative/quantitative plans to senior management to support the launch of new business lines
Your Story ( W hat You Need To Have)
• Bachelor's Degree in business, mathematics, or quantitative science
• 2 – 4 years' experience using data to substantiate strategic hypotheses – including 2 years in a fast-paced and structured environment such as a management consulting firm or investment bank
• H igh level of proficiency with large data sets in MS Excel and the ability to translate insights into management-ready MS Powerpoint presentations
• Passion for streaming video and emerging media business models
• Ability to work cross-functionally with diverse, multi-location, multifaceted teams
• E xcellent and persuasive oral and written communication skills, with comfort in presenting to senior management
• H ands-on work ethic, particularly with respect to data acquisition and modeling; a predisposition for ''getting things done'' while taking a collaborative approach
• S trong personal character that embraces honesty and transparency
• P assion for technology as applied to the media business
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx71xo-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.