The majority of our employees will have flexibility that allows them to choose a predominantly remote, predominantly in-office, or hybrid setup. Our official in-office locations in the United States includes LA, NYC, Stamford, and Chicago, and we have several other states in which employees may work remotely if their role isn't one that requires them to be in or near the office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our onsite attendance policies reflect that. If there is an on-site requirement for a role, it will be listed in the job description.
For those employees who would like to utilize our offices, full vaccination for COVID-19 is required for physical presence in A+E Networks workplaces. While A+E Networks will consider reasonable
accommodation requests regarding this policy in accordance with applicable law, such requests will not be considered until a conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate. Applicants should not submit any medical or health information in connection with their application for employment.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Our global Legal and Business Affairs department believes in the promise and power of teamwork. When we work together as a cohesive unit – supporting, involving, appreciating and respecting each other – we can elevate our company, our clients, and ourselves. At A+E Networks, we have built and developed a culture based on the principles of effective communication, collaboration, accountability and trust. These guiding principles serve as our north star as we partner and strategize with other departments across the Company to help A+E Networks achieve its goals and stay at the forefront of a highly competitive, rapidly changing industry. If you share these values and want to learn more about who we are and what we do, consider joining our team.
Provide (i) administrative and substantive support to the New York Global Revenue, Partnerships and Distribution (GRPD) legal team, and (ii) back-up support to other department assistants/members on an as-needed basis. The GRPD group has responsibility for corporate, corporate development (i.e., M&A/transactions), digital, international, consumer enterprises, global distribution, technology, music , experiential, audit and regulatory work. This Legal Assistant role will largely focus on supporting the corporate, corporate development and consumer enterprises areas, with some distribution and international coverage.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Provide assistance to the group by managing day-to-day administrative responsibilities in a timely manner, including:
• Managing attorney calendars and scheduling meetings/calls
• Preparing and submitting expense reports in Concur and Aspen 360
• Making travel arrangements
• Making CLE arrangements
• Arranging for the execution of agreements and transmitting documents via appropriate channels
Handle administrative and substantive responsibilities with respect to preparation, execution and organization of legal documents
• Maintaining corporate minute books for subsidiaries
• Preparing simple legal documents using existing forms and templates (e.g., NDAs, resolutions, etc.)
• Editing, redlining and proofreading legal documents
• Coordinating and keeping track of signature pages and fully-executed agreements
• Organizing legal documents and maintaining charts, files, and status trackers, as needed
• Uploading legal documents into the Department's document management systems
Handle departmental administrative duties as assigned, including:
• Legal billing (i.e., handling outside counsel payments in Serengeti legal tracker and quarterly accruals with General Counsel's legal assistant, including setting up new matters)
The Legal Assistant shall also handle other tasks as requested
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
You will be part of a unified team that works to foster a culture of excellence and inclusivity which supports and drives A+E's goals in this changing media and business landscape. You will work with a team that encourages clients to embrace Legal and Business Affairs as a strategic partner and be able to participate in transactions and activities that are core to what A+E is as a company. You will also have the opportunity to improve processes and skills department wide as we all collaborate to excel and grow, individually and as a group.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Minimum 5 years legal administrative experience at a large law firm or an in-house legal department of a large corporation
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word for Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and Workshare Compare / Delta View and online document management systems (such as eDocs)
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment, with tight deadlines
• Experience supporting multiple attorneys
• Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and interpersonal skills
• B.A./B.S. degree or degree in Legal Studies or equivalent experience
• Paralegal experience
• Experience working for a media company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwv1mj-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.