THE DIVISION'S STORY A+E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a self-starting, detail-oriented, proactive and responsible individual to serve as Executive Assistant. Located in the Los Angeles office, this position would be responsible for supporting the President of A+E Studios.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Executive Assistant, A+E Studios:
• Provide administrative support to the President of A+E Studios: cover phones, manage complex calendars, schedule travel, & prepare expense reports
• Answer a heavy volume of telephone calls, coordinate departmental meetings and events, schedule meetings with outside clients, and act as the liaison between executive and various departments
• Manage meeting preparation including:
• scheduling/setting up conference room, preparing agenda, handling presentations, preparing research, providing individual and company profiles, sourcing press clippings, managing audio-visual materials as well as any additional required materials.
• Duties also include arranging pitch meetings, updating weekly ratings grids, screening submissions, and maintaining status reports and submission logs
• Creating presentations of the drama slate for review in company-wide meetings, and presentations for conferences
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to put all your creativity and love of television to work in a supportive environment with likeminded people. You'll learn that all ideas are welcome on our collaborative team.
• BA/BS Degree
• Minimum 2 year of administrative experience
• Entertainment and/or agency experience
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Detailed-oriented and extremely organized
• Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
• Knowledge or experience in development, production, script reading and coverage a plus
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Maintain awareness of competitive set
• Must be able to handle confidential information