THE DIVISION'S STORY
Do numbers tell you stories? Can you relay complex information into impactful insights to non-researchers? Do you enjoy influencing business decisions by providing fact-based recommendations infused with intuition?
Our Research & Insights TEAM is compromised of wizards who practice the craft of ''art and science.'' We spend some of our time looking back at performance-but even more time looking forward making actionable recommendations for growing our business. We specialize in content, audience and revenue insights across all platforms. Come check out our pioneering work in predictive modeling, performance marketing and consumers insights.
Title: Data Engineer
A&E Television Networks, LLC seeks a Data Engineer in New York, New York. Responsible for hands-on knowledge of media data with responsibilities of all phases of building and maintaining large-scale, cloud-based distributed data processing systems and applications. Build and maintain data analysis Infrastructure, and data science models for AMRLD audience data, audience engagement data (social, web, email, mobile, etc.), and other consumer data. Specific duties include:
(1) Collecting, parsing, analyzing, querying, and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple technology platforms (15%);
(2) Designing, implementing and continuous delivery of pipelines using distributed AWS-based big data technologies, supporting data processing initiatives across batch and streaming datasets (15%);
(3) Developing and designing data solutions using Python language and Big Data Frameworks such as Spark, AWS Athena, Presto, APls, etc. (10%);
(4) Creating use case analytics in A&E's cloud data environment, writing SQL, Python, and D3 queries to extract and visualize necessary data points on Nielsen's AMRLD (25%);
(5) Building and maintaining data science models in AWS (5%);
(6) Supporting deployed of AWS platform components (5%);
(7) Identifying, evaluating and implementing cutting edge big data pipelines and frameworks that are required to provide requested capabilities to integrate external data sources and APls (5%);
(8) Reviewing, analyzing and evaluating market requirements, business requirements and project briefs to design the most appropriate end-to-end technology solutions (5%);
(9) Processing and managing high volume real time customer interaction streams (5%);
(10) Providing architectural support by building Proof of Concepts & Prototypes (10%)
• Must have a Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science or related field, plus five (5) years of experience in job offered or in a software related role.
• Must have experience with each of the following skills:
• Hands on experience with Nielsen AMRLD, and AWS, including S3, EMR, Data Pipeline, Lambda, EC2, RedShift, Snowflake, Cloud Formation, CLI, Apache Spark and Hadoop;
• Working with structured, semi‐structured, and unstructured data sets including linear data, social, web logs and real time streaming data feeds;
• Collecting, processing and analyzing large volumes of data using AWS services;
• Developing and designing software in Python;
• Tuning big data solutions to improve performance and end-user experience;
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpm8xo-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.