The majority of our employees will have flexibility that allows them to choose a predominantly remote, predominantly in-office, or hybrid setup. Our official in-office locations in the United States includes LA, NYC, Stamford, and Chicago, and we have several other states in which employees may work remotely if their role isn't one that requires them to be in or near the office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our onsite attendance policies reflect that. If there is an on-site requirement for a role, it will be listed in the job description.
For those employees who would like to utilize our offices, full vaccination for COVID-19 is required for physical presence in A+E Networks workplaces. While A+E Networks will consider reasonable
accommodation requests regarding this policy in accordance with applicable law, such requests will not be considered until a conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate. Applicants should not submit any medical or health information in connection with their application for employment.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
This role reports to Broadcast Operations in Stamford Ct. The duties in this position support Broadcast Operations with their daily functions, finalizing broadcast schedules and validating asset readiness for final transmission. This person elevates issues and errors discovered in scheduling, working closely with our transmission partners in the facility. He/She would also be assigned to complete and finalize FAST logs. The current opening is for non-traditional hours from mid-afternoon into the evening and will have regularly scheduled days off during the week. Current departmental scheduling alternates between 2 weeks of remote work from home and two weeks of on-site work at the Stamford facility.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Support Broadcast Operations in finalizing broadcast logs using Wide Orbit and Bridge to prepare next day's logs and playlists:
• Final assembly, confirmation and delivery of all completed broadcast and streaming logs for all 10 AETV networks as well as additional non-linear (AVOD) content delivery streams.
• Import all on-air branding elements (Network IDs, ratings, Promotional Bugs, Sponsor Bugs etc.) into the Secondary Events manager and edit and adjust as necessary.
• Work closely with the Programming, Promo and Commercial Operations Departments to implement all day-of-air adjustments and last-minute changes.
• Import and update all late arriving programming and promotional material into Wide Orbit and manually adjust break elements to accommodate updated timings and availability.
• In addition, you will schedule FAST programs in Wurl, checking program schedule, over/under runs and channel specific Ad Slates.
Support Broadcast Media Operations in Media Asset Readiness:
• Validate and QC on-air Programs ensuring their content and timing is as scheduled and expected.
• Monitor and validate the Advance Air Feed making sure that all assets scheduled in that time-block are valid and accurate.
• Document and escalate errors or issues found to the appropriate department for confirmation or correction.
• Support Branding by confirming graphics as scheduled in daily duties and advance monitoring.
Support Broadcast Operations Live or High-Profile Programming:
• Monitor high profile programs as scheduled during East Playout for confirmation.
• Support Live Programming overseeing feeds, timings and contingency content.
• Schedule back-up Alternate Logs as needed due to live, late or simulcast material.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to support various aspects of Broadcast Operations, from scheduling straight through to the final playout of all media elements. You will be exposed to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and onto virtually every screen worldwide. You will collaborate with a multitude of teams and divisions throughout AETV as you contribute to fulfilling the wide-ranging responsibilities of Broadcast Operations. We will provide a challenging work environment as we embrace new technological advances and avenues for product delivery of our award winning, world renown programming.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Associates degree and/or 1 year of experience in Communications, Film, Television or related field
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Both an analytical and creative thinking mind-set
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of Wide Orbit Network, Media Flex, RSG, Wuhl and elementary file server video encoding and ingesting a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb86vx-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.