Format Producer, Post Production -Remote
Remote / Virtual
The majority of our employees will have flexibility that allows them to choose a predominantly remote, predominantly in-office, or hybrid setup. Our official in-office locations in the United States includes LA, NYC, Stamford, and Chicago, and we have several other states in which employees may work remotely if their role isn't one that requires them to be in or near the office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our onsite attendance policies reflect that. If there is an on-site requirement for a role, it will be listed in the job description.
For those employees who would like to utilize our offices, full vaccination for COVID-19 is required for physical presence in A+E Networks workplaces. While A+E Networks will consider reasonable
accommodation requests regarding this policy in accordance with applicable law, such requests will not be considered until a conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate. Applicants should not submit any medical or health information in connection with their application for employment.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
The Content Strategy & Curation Lead plays an essential role in operational execution throughout the A+E media supply chain and applies focus within the curation and cataloging of clip-based content leveraged by internal and external licensing partners.
The Content Strategy & Curation Lead will perform exceptional and consistent media evaluations in a high-volume, fast-paced, and detail-oriented environment. Leveraging A+E metadata standards and having a keen eye for descriptive relevance to drive accurate search engine results, the Lead will review content for adherence to content standards and suitability for inclusion within A+E Networks' editorial and commercial content catalog.
Additionally, the Content Strategy & Curation Lead will extend operational influence on process, keeping efficiency and client satisfaction at the forefront on their efforts. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional who is passionate and knowledgeable about digital media curation, media management and the distribution of content to 3rd Party aggregators.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Assess content for viability by internal and external licensing partners.
• Assist in the curation of A+E owned media content using internal media asset management tool.
• Apply accurate and effective descriptive metadata to clip records to optimize searchability.
• Assist with review and creation of metadata logs as needed.
• Report any patterns of issues observed to help improve database, product performance; test tools and provide feedback to improve efficiency and accuracy.
• Provide internal operation oversight and execution of content through media supply chain
• Assist with 3rd Party client onboarding as needed
• Extend operational support to 3rd Party distribution/licensing partners as needed
• Provide strategic insight related to internal workflows and process
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of operating a clip-based content archive as well as a dynamic media supply chain. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to receive, organize, and curate clip-based media, and leverage assets by collaborating with internal and external partners to support content creation and monetization opportunities. You will learn about media asset management and media storage practices and how to quickly adapt to a rapidly evolving media landscape.
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with five or more years' experience in industry stock content creation and or related business experience. You are proficient in aspects of video production. You have a foundational knowledge of technical specifications related to media as well as operational efficiencies and media supply chains. You have an excellent understanding and application of metadata tagging standards. An enthusiastic and inquisitive person with a passion for working with various types of content, constantly in search of the ''hero'' shot.
Strong time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects and priorities are among your superpowers. Proactive work ethic while maintaining a keen focus on accuracy in a detailed oriented workflow a must, a positive attitude with a desire to excel in a team-oriented culture and a passion for new technology.
Additional Position Requirements:
• Experience with asset management systems.
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain motivation and solid focus through hours of repetitive tasks.
• Quick learner who continually seeks out improvement and prevent errors from recurring.
• Comfortable navigating ambiguity and making sound judgment calls.
• Wide-ranging, up-to-date knowledge of TV shows, cinema, music, literature, social media platforms, as well as cultural sensitivities.
• A stable remote working environment with dependable internet connectivity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9q31-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.