The majority of our employees will have flexibility that allows them to choose a predominantly remote, predominantly in-office, or hybrid setup. Our official in-office locations in the United States includes LA, NYC, Stamford, and Chicago, and we have several other states in which employees may work remotely if their role isn't one that requires them to be in or near the office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our onsite attendance policies reflect that. If there is an on-site requirement for a role, it will be listed in the job description.
For those employees who would like to utilize our offices, full vaccination for COVID-19 is required for physical presence in A+E Networks workplaces. While A+E Networks will consider reasonable
accommodation requests regarding this policy in accordance with applicable law, such requests will not be considered until a conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate. Applicants should not submit any medical or health information in connection with their application for employment.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Here in Corporate Communications, we believe in the importance of personal touch, and we value every consumer and their experience with us equally. We are the wordsmiths, problem solvers and occasional fire wardens of our industry, charged with finding the right platform for the right story. Through our tenacity, charm and ability to work collaboratively, we play a defining role in influencing how our viewers, product consumers and employees perceive and interact with the A+E Networks brand.
A+E Networks has an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to break into the world of Corporate Communications in the Media industry. We are seeking a dynamic and eager Communications Coordinator to provide support (virtually or hybrid model) to the Corporate Communications and International Publicity departments for the global portfolio of A+E Networks across all platforms in the US and around the world. A+E Networks' brands include A&E, The HISTORY Channel, Lifetime, LMN, and others. This role will expose the candidate to all aspects of internal and external communications and is a perfect stepping- stone to a career in public relations and corporate communications.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Communications Coordinator/ Corporate & International:
• Help keep the team in sync by creating and maintaining essential team documents, like project trackers, calendars, corporate talking points, and press reports
• Work with PR colleagues and EVP of Corporate Communications to create a weekly company-wide press communique
• Establish and build relationships with press contacts and internal clients (Ad sales, Marketing, Distribution, teams, etc.) to anticipate, identify, and meet requests
• Build strong contacts in podcast press community and conduct regular outreach for podcast promotion.
• Field asset requests from press outlets, channel partners and content distribution clients
• Assist in A+E awards submissions efforts
• Track/Compile/Distribute PR clips – breaking stories, recaps to teams, and manage weekly submissions for domestic/international 411 newsletter.
• Provide logistical support for all press conferences, screenings, client events, set visits (arrange travel, interview requests and schedules for talent as it relates to press opportunities)
• Lend help/Cover talent during publicity tours, appearances, press junkets, set visits, screenings and other events as needed
• Handle periodic gift mailings
• Manage media subscriptions/renewals
• Track expense reports
• Work with photography team to coordinate executive headshot shoots
• Opportunity to learn and eventually lead PR efforts with FYI
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
The Corporate & Intl Communications Coordinator for A+E Networks will be immersed in all facets of a career in publicity by supporting the New York-based A+E Corporate Communications and A+E International Publicity Departments. From keeping tabs on the latest launches of international titles or details of an upcoming ad sales partnership, to arranging interviews with talent or developing relationships with key journalists, you'll learn what it takes to position our brands, businesses, and executives positively in the media and within the industry. This team and this role hold a unique position in the company because we work across the entire portfolio of brands and across all divisions; we know what's going on across all lines of business, and we work to ensure the stories we tell externally harmonize all messaging while building the reputation and brand equity of A+E Networks.
• A great communicator – confident and building executive presence; able to relay information effectively, succinctly, and professionally via email, phone, and in-person.
• A strong writer – able to present ideas effectively through meaningfully contributions to internal memo, press releases, etc. Familiarity with AP style guidelines a plus
• Genuine interest in PR – viewing this opportunity as a stepping-stone for a desired career in publicity
• An organized, proactive multitasker who works well with others across all departments
• A proactive person who will learn to anticipate issues, solving them with aplomb, or knowing when to elevate and ask for help
• Quick responsiveness to both internal groups and external groups operating in different time zones
• Positive, can-do nature and good sense of humor
• Meticulous about details and excellent follow-through skills
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure
• Adaptable to shifting priorities without missing a beat
• Be able to interact with all levels of management, and different personalities in order to resolve any issues that arise with professionalism and a positive demeanor.
• BA/BS degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4zv4z-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.