THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
A+E Networks prides itself on innovative storytelling that resonates with audiences and makes a difference in their lives. As an Associate Producer on our post production team, you'll be responsible for coordinating the music rescoring for one of our most popular shows. This freelance role is based in our Stamford, CT facility, but will be primarily remote through the duration of the project.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Research, prep, and order assets within the appropriate technical specifications.
• Coordinate delivery of assets to and from the third-party vendor.
• Maintain detailed records and keep comprehensive notes of all technical issues to track fixes as well as problems that are inherent to the source material.
• Coordinate material needed for final updates, including credit revisions, to all existing versions.
• Supervise edits sessions to ensure that all versions are updated with the corrected music.
Excellent organizational and planning skills – You're an energetic and proactive self-starter who can multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively. You have excellent attention to detail to ensure efficient movement of assets between multiple parties. You act swiftly and smartly to resolve errors in order to maintain the expected delivery timeline.
Fantastic communication skills – You're able to communicate clearly across multiple departments inside A+E and with outside vendors. You navigate conversations with tact and diplomacy and remain calm under pressure.
Detail-oriented - You are able to accurately adhere to rigorous tracking systems and create production schedules. You consistently meet deadlines. You are familiar with metadata entry and databases, creating deliverables, and distributing delivery notices.
Flexibility, collaboration and teamwork – You pivot quickly when unforeseen challenges arise and remain flexible when collaborating with partners to implement solutions. You take a forward-thinking conscientious approach to your work and contribute to improving post production workflows.
Strong technical foundation – You understand the technology used to support remote post production workflows, including video and audio standards and file formats; and are comfortable working with producers and editors in a fast-paced Avid-based environment. You effectively implement protocols to support broadcast and digital TVE distribution. You are a strong collaborator who will work with engineering and supervisors to resolve any technical issues to meet expected deadlines
More About You
• BA Television Production/Communications
• 1-2 years' experience in a post production environment
• 1-2 years' experience in project management
• Experience with state-of-the-art audio and video post-production techniques and systems is required
• Experience working in a file-based production environment
• Availability to work nights and weekends a plus
• Post production supervisor or coordinator experience is a plus
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.