Full Time Job
Administrator, Cloud Archive Management - Media Operations
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Work Locations: With the exception of some select roles that have in-office requirements, A+E Networks operates on a flexible model that allows for remote, hybrid or full time in office work (in certain locales).
Office locations include New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Stamford, CT.
Our list of eligible states in which employees may work remotely includes: California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
REMOTE or HYBRID NY/CT is available!
Reporting to the Manager, Cloud Archive Strategy and Management, this position is a key contributor within the Media Operations team based in Stamford, CT. This group is responsible for the development and evolution of the media supply chain, governance and best practices across all PAM, MAM, DAM, and CAM systems, and is the teams focused on the migration of library and on-premises video, audio, and graphic assets, and all metadata. This role will work collaboratively with operations, technology, engineering, production, and postproduction teams to ensure a standardized and scalable architecture is leveraged to support a global supply chain processes and cloud archive/s.
As A+E Networks continues to shift their workflows to the cloud, this role will join an existing team to deliver best in class, innovative solutions, and contribute to our shift to a cloud first infrastructure for media operations. The Supervisor, Cloud Archive Management role will support and aid in the development of standards, processes, procedures, metadata retainment, and other functions related to ''cloud'' operations
The Administrator, Cloud Archive Management role will assist the Cloud Archive Strategy and Management team with strategic operations to support planning and provide oversight of all aspects of a global archive management, including metadata for descriptive, structural, technical, and administrative, supporting requirements, and executing best practices in daily operations. This individual will join a team to support multiple facets of teams across Operations, Technology, and Engineering teams help support critical technical initiatives in support of Post In-Sourcing, Bulk Fulfillment and distribution, third-party vendor archives, and component-based delivery support and product feature enhancements for a global supply chain.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Manage and drive multiple interdependent projects of moderate to high complexity and scope.
• Work closely with the Manager and Director to ensure continuous improvement of process and workflow disciplines and to disseminate knowledge.
• Collaborate with our Operations, Engineering and Technology teams on business shifts/transitions that may require contribution/shifts to existing architecture designs and development.
• Build positive, trusting relationships through consistent, on-time delivery of commitments and effective communication.
• Foster an inclusive working environment that is consistent with the A+E cultural values.
• Provide leadership with a focus on collaboration, transparent communication, innovative problem solving, proactive ownership, and maintaining an industry leading standard of excellence.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of our supply chain modernization and deep archival solution. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of content acquisitions, technical evaluations, metadata governance, postproduction, and global distribution. Collaborate with Distribution, Programming, Scheduling, Content Operations, and Ad Ops to name just a few of the stakeholders in our organization. You will challenge your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in media support roles, with at least 2 years knowledge and/or experience in a library/catalogue/archive environment
• Knowledge of video formats, processing, standards conversions, post-production (Avid, Adobe Creative Cloud, transport tools), and production environments
• Demonstrated familiarity with taxonomy and metadata standards
• BS or MS in Library Science and Information (preferred, not required)
• Strong Metadata knowledge and skills
• Experience and understanding of secure archives and permissions
• Positive personality, a sense or awareness of urgency (where appropriate)
• Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Partner with team leads to identify standard methodologies and improvements to optimize creative and tech business processes.
• Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast-paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization.
• Self-motivated with excellent communication, organizational and prioritization skills
• Agent of Change Management
• Experience with AWS, Google, and IBM clouds, Air Table, and Google or Microsoft Suite of products a plus
• Previous experience with MAM, DAM, and PAM systems is also a plus
Annual Pay Range: $77,896 - $103,478
Annual Incentive Target: 7.50%
The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the
minimum and maximum base pay range for this role. Compensation for the role will
be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate's qualifications, skills,
competencies, location, and experience. A+E offers a competitive total compensation
package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k matching, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at aenetworks.com/careers.
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A&E Television Networks, LLC is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy19mk-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $77,896 to $103,478 Per Hour ($ USD)
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.