New York, NY
The Endeavor Legal Department is currently seeking an Associate Counsel to support the 160over90 division of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports, and content company.
This position may be located in New York, NY, Brentwood, CA, St. Louis, MO, Atlanta, GA, or Philadelphia, PA (working remotely until further notice) and reports to the Senior Vice President, Associate General Counsel. The ideal candidate has transactional experience at a top law firm and/or in-house practice, including commercial transactions, advertising, marketing, intellectual property, event production, and digital experience.
160over90, Endeavor's full service advertising/marketing agency, helps global brands leverage all aspects of culture, including brand management and solutions, experiential marketing, activations, strategic consulting services, public relations and communications, digital consulting, creative ideation and design, branded content development and production, event management and production, digital and social campaigns, influencer marketing and sponsorship and partnership marketing.
Position Key Attributes:
• Draft and negotiate a wide range of complex commercial contracts, including agency, consulting, master services, talent, influencer, representation, licensing, creative services, sponsorship, vendor, marketing, digital services, rental, venue, location, and production agreements, as well as statements of work, participation and guest releases, photo releases, and waivers.
• Provide daily legal support for a wide variety of client engagements, including integrated campaigns, digital advertising, social media campaigns, web and mobile app design and development, and experiential activations/events.
• Provide comprehensive legal advice and counsel to internal business units and company leadership on various advertising, marketing, and promotional campaigns, including fair use evaluations, trademark clearances, and other IP-related issues, FTC and consumer protection laws, data privacy, and overarching risk assessment.
• Research, manage, and track existing contractual obligations, including compliance with existing contractual obligations and evaluating exclusivity requirements.
• Coordinate with business, finance, and compliance departments to assist with deal development.
• Provide real-time analysis and advice on business and legal issues, including questions of contract interpretation and enforcement.
• Implement and refine policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective contract-administration and document-management processes.
• Collaborate with and support other members of the U.S. legal team and our international colleagues.
• Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
• JD from an ABA accredited law school. Admitted to the bar in the applicable jurisdiction and in good standing.
• Minimum of 2-5 years of legal experience, with some experience in the entertainment, sports, or media industry preferred but not required.
• Relevant experience in digital media or an agency environment is a plus.
• Ability to handle ambiguity and change while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfort with a variety of technology, including advanced Word and Excel skills.
• Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and thorough.
• Have strong negotiation, drafting, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate risk, advise various business units of the risks, and exercise sound legal judgment.
• Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills that will enable interaction with a range of seniority levels and styles in a fast-paced business environment (including explaining legal concepts to clients and colleagues who may have limited legal knowledge and time).
• Have an effective solution-oriented problem-solving approach to legal issues and a strong work ethic.
• Have an upbeat temperament, dynamic personality, and highly team-oriented approach to work.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.