- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Summer Intern - Sales, WCPO
Our integrated multi-platform media sales summer internship at our local news station, WCPO in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides students real-world experience and a unique insight into today's sales environment. This includes learning alongside sales managers, account executives, research, content and programming teams. Working with our team creates opportunities to learn about E Sports, Gaming, Networks, Syndication and Political platforms.
Our internship is paid. In addition, a stipend to offset relocation or travel expenses (if necessary) is provided.
If you commit to a position with us after the summer internship, you would also be eligible for a sign on bonus paid upon hire into a full-time position.
What You'll Do:
• Learn the sales process – the use of data and analytics in sales
• Learn how to prospect
• Learn how to perform client needs analysis
• Learn how to utilize research for sales presentations with customized client solutions
• Broaden communication skills
• Learn agency and transactional processes
• Learn how to negotiate
What You'll Need:
• Enrolled at an accredited college or university
• Registered as a sophomore or above and in good standing
• Ability to receive college/university course credit for participating in this program. The amount of course credit to be earned is determined and must be verified by the college/university, prior to starting assignment.
• Be available to work June 3 through August 9, 2024
• Be available to relocate to the market for the internship
What You'll Bring:
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in person and on the phone
• Completed at least one marketing or communications course or a course in other related fields
• Good people skills and sociability
• Computer-based research abilities
• Strong writing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web/cloud-based applications
• Professional dress/appearance
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw3kz2-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.