Remote Intern - Video Game Designer, Mobile
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Game Designer - Returnship (REMOTE)
The Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
As a Mobile Game Designer, you will create engaging game content - levels, RPG upgrades, ramping mechanics and more. You are where the rubber meets the road, with input and oversight from the Design Director, you will transform a great game idea into a fantastic video game.
Cooperation, collaboration and creativity are key in this role. Games are created by groups, and it is your job to assist the design team in making incredible game experiences for all mobile platforms (iOS, Android).
• Work closely with Design Director and Art Director to create content that is on-design and on-concept
• Develop the level layout, scenario creation, prototype modeling, event scripting, entity placement, pacing, balancing and gameplay tuning
• Assist in the development and realization of tools for the level design process
• Build relationships on the development team to facilitate idea generation and feature implementation
• Update the associated game design documentation
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
• At least 3 years of work experience or clear passion for video games.
• Unity development experience required.
• Deep knowledge of Unity and Maya.
• Strong scripting skills (LUA or other scripting languages).
• Hands-on level design/scripting/greyboxing experience.
• Art Skills a plus.
• The ability to convey game mechanics and concepts in a clear and concise way through documentation/presentation.
• Fast iteration abilities.
• Strong creative writing skills.
• Great people skills where collaboration is the center of your creative world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7vyz-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.