Fall Intern - Data Science
Salt Lake City, UT
The Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Software Engineer to join the team working on the upcoming game, Hogwarts Legacy, a new open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World.
• Develop and implement key game systems, game-play features, or production tools
• Participate in the development process from concept through to live-ops
• Work closely with the project engineering team to architect and develop high quality, low-latency, and highly responsive code
• Self-manage programming tasks and coordinate with the production team
• 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in C++
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
• Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
• Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
• Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
• Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
• A passion for video games
Nice to Haves
• Experience on one or more successfully published game titles or equivalent
• Knowledge of Console and/or PC development best practices
• Proficient experience with the Unreal Engine 4 (Core systems, player input, game modes, user interfaces, etc.)
• Understanding of game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline
• Strong 3d Math (Linear Algebra, Vector/Matrix Math, Quaternions, etc.)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3pz8-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.