Intern - Software Engineer, Gameplay - Returnship
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
**Candidates in Seattle area strongly preferred, other locations considered
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Software Engineer – Gameplay to join the award-winning engineering team behind Middle earth: Shadow of Mordor and its sequel Middle earth: Shadow of war, in creating game systems for exciting, cutting-edge action games.
As a member of Monolith's Game Engineering team you will work closely with engineers, designers and artists to develop game-play for our next triple-A title. As a Senior Game Engineer, your domain will span as much of the gameplay codebase as your skills and interests dictate, as you design and implement extensions to existing systems and pivotal new game systems to meet the needs of our talented in-house team of content developers.
In addition, as part of Monolith's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both game specific and general engineering systems across the entire codebase.
This job will require collaboration with the rest of Monolith's engineering team on issues of technical design. You will also work closely with other engineers and content development experts on implementing and refining systems to meet our designers' vision.
• Design, author, maintain and document robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
• Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of your systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects
• Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of your systems
• Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture
• Collaborate with Lead Engineer, Technical Art and Game Engineers to identify systems in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new graphics technologies
• Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies; coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years professional C/C++ programming.
• Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust and fun game-play
• Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike
• Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
• Microsoft Visual C++ development environment.
Nice to Haves
• Experience developing major features for a shipped product
• Experience developing for major consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
• Designed and implemented major game systems for a published game
• Worked on AAA game title from concept to ship
• Experience developing first or third person action games
• Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills
• A strong collaborator with the ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills
• Strong desire to build industry-leading game systems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7n96k-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.