Artist - Returnship (REMOTE)
The Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Generalist Artist to join the team working on the upcoming game, Hogwarts Legacy, a new open world, action RPG set in the Wizarding World.
• Work comfortably within a team of artists, designers, programmers and supervisors.
• Provide a high degree of skill in at least one discipline and proficient in others (modeling, texturing, animation, rigging, lighting, FX, integrating assets in Unreal Engine4, etc)
• Proactively work with project leadership and collaborate closely with the Art Manager to understand artistic, technical and design requirements of assigned tasks and complete those tasks considering time and quality.
• Perform other duties as needed in a willing and cooperative manner (be a helpful team member)
• A bachelor's or equivalent work experience in 2D/3D animation, graphic design or video games
• 3 years' experience as an Artist in any digital field
• Proficient in Maya, 3dsmax or equivalent
• Proficient in Adobe software: Photoshop and Illustrator.
• A well-developed knowledge of foundational art principles (e.g. color theory, composition, anatomy, etc)
Nice to Haves
• Experience with ZBrush or similar tool
• Experience with Substance Painter and Designer
• Experience with Jira or similar project management tool
• Working experience in the Unreal Engine (or equivalent) including scene assembly, materials, lighting, FX, terrain sculpting.
• Ability to conceptualize ideas, produce concept art, storyboards, or mockups as needed and revise quickly.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91254-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.