Intern - Sales Event Planning
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Internship: Sales Event Planning (Summer 2024)
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven major and minor sports teams: 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, WNBA's 2019 Championship Washington Mystics, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, 2021 & 2020 NBA 2K League Champion Wizards District Gaming and Caps Gaming, an esports sub-brand of the Capitals. Additionally, it holds a significant investment in a seventh professional team, Team Liquid, an endemic esports team owned and operated by aXiomatic, in which MSE is an investor.
In September 2022, MSE acquired the regional sports network, then-called NBC Sports Washington and newly rebranded as Monumental Sports Network. Monumental Sports Network now holds the exclusive local television media rights to Capitals', Wizards', and Mystics' games. The network is both a linear channel and a digital operation. Prior to acquiring the linear platform, the digital platform was launched by MSE in 2016, as the first-of-its-kind regional sports network for digital, mobile, and streaming platforms. Those linear and digital platforms are now combined and join Caps Radio, Wizards Radio, MSE Outdoor and Monumental Productions for a full suite of six media enterprises.
In addition to Capital One Arena – a venue which hosts 3M+ visitors across over 250 events annually, MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex (training facility for the Capitals), MedStar Health Performance Center (training facility for the Wizards, Mystics, and Go-Go) and EagleBank Arena (a 12,000+ live event venue on George Mason University's campus).
In July 2020, MSE partnered with William Hill (subsequently acquired by Caesars Entertainment) to open the first ever in-arena sportsbook in North America, now called Caesars Sportsbook. The space now also boasts a destination culinary experience, Guy Fieri's DC Kitchen + Bar.
MSE opened ''District E powered by Ticketmaster'' in the spring of 2023, a flagship esports and entertainment venue. This 14,000-square-foot live-event theater offers a 365-day-a-year series of immersive experiences in esports, music, culinary excellence, event programming, and community events.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
• You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
• You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies, and gives back to the community we serve.
• You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
• You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
• You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
• You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
• You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Sales Event Planning Intern is responsible for assisting with the creating, development, and execution of Wizards sales events and programs. This position will learn firsthand how to successfully implement various events, programs, and initiatives. This is a paid internship.
Are you a current student with an interest in event planning? We'd love to hear from you!
• Support the Events & Programs team to understand and develop event strategy, goals, and desired outcomes.
• Coordinate logistical plans prior to each event including vendors, planning menus, preparing invitations, and maintaining registrations.
• Work with outside vendors including venues, transportation, audio/visual, entertainment, caterers, and décor companies.
• Assist with the management of specific special event budgets.
• Track the department's event supplies, photo library, and other department physical and electronic resources.
• Order and maintain inventory of all promotional products, team memorabilia, and gifts.
• Use Archtics and Salesforce software for post-event data recap and analysis.
• Support the planning, set-up, and implementation of all Wizards events and initiatives.
• Collect and share research to gain market insight.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current undergraduate or graduate student.
• Exceptional organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
• Ability to effectively balance several projects at once, prioritizing as needed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, professionalism, and a phenomenal teammate.
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Ability to comfortably lift and carry 25lbs.
• Ability to climb stairs and stand for extended periods of time.
• Reliable transportation and housing.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk6630-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.