The Production Intern is an invaluable part of our production staff. The intern will assist with all aspects of our game day and non-game day productions. They will have the opportunity to perform many of the same tasks of our full and part time staff.
The intern will need to be available to work in person in Washington, DC from approximately March – October 2023.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Edit videos with a fast turnaround for Nationals Park video board, social media, web and TV
• Video duplication to multiple formats
• Log and capture videos, help maintain production equipment and workflow
• Assist with updating and maintaining media elements
Game Day Execution
• Assist with setup and execution of pregame and in-game elements
• Assist with setup and breakdown of cameras and equipment
• Train on multiple game day production positions
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Successfully pass a background investigation
• Available for the entire term of the internship
• Ability to work nights and weekends
• Authorized to work in the United States
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Must have video production experience including non-linear editing (Adobe Premiere), writing, camera operation, lighting and audio set up
• Must be Mac savvy
• Must possess interpersonal communication skills (oral and written)
• Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
• Must have a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn
• Must be knowledgeable of the Washington Nationals players, baseball statistics, rules and records
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Work will require weekend and evening work
• Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue
• May work at heights
• Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and climb up/down stairs
• The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpq8w0-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.