This position, reporting to the Senior Manager, Sales Analytics & Optimization, is responsible for supporting optimal decision-making through data analytics across revenue-generating departments. The Intern, Business Analytics will conduct various technical analyses to generate insights from multiple data sources. Significant collaboration with marketing and revenue-generating departments will be required. Strong written and oral communications skills will be required in producing documents to be presented to senior Nationals executives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to analytics projects, applying a wide range of methodologies, to support decision-making in revenue generating departments
• Conduct secondary research as needed, including information from industry associations and research papers
• Develop a deep understanding of the Nationals’ key data sources and Customer Data Platform; validate accuracy of data through testing
• Support ticketing optimization through channel, campaign, and pricing analyses, as well as predictive modeling
• Conduct various analyses to assess the effectiveness of multiple marketing media, including nationals.com, email, digital advertisements, and SMS
• Analyze concessions (food & beverage) data to generate insights on areas such as impact of promotions, operational bottlenecks, and usage of mobile ordering and virtual currency
• Analyze retail (merchandise) data to generate insights on areas such as sell-through rates, inventory management, and impact of promotions
• Support developing the go-to-market plan for all integrated marketing efforts
• Produce compelling presentations to visualize key observations and insights
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Rising senior in undergrad with a focus on in engineering, mathematics, business, economics or a closely related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Ability to understand key business implications from extensive data in a data warehouse
• Ability to extract key insights from large, unstructured datasets and synthesize into key recommendations for leadership
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Proficiency in statistical software, such as R and Python
• Proficiency in SQL
• Proficiency in data visualization tool, such as Tableau
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work as a member of a fast-paced and cross-functional team
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability—a self-starter
• Excellent communication skills and ability to tailor and present key messages to the appropriate audience
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re2xn7-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.