The Authentics Intern will work directly with the Nationals Authentics program. Their duties will include, but are not limited to, assisting in the planning of game-used/memorabilia program throughout the 81 game season, managing inventory of items, assessing product needs and placing supply orders, as well as fulfilling all point-of-sale orders throughout the season (requests, pre-orders, Authentics Shop, etc.).
This person must maintain a high degree of professionalism, protecting the privacy and confidential nature of working with professional athletes. The ideal candidate would be pursuing a degree in business or sports management, have exceptional organizational skills, background in sports, and strong customer service skills. Sports memorabilia knowledge is a plus.
The intern will need to be available to work in person in Washington, DC from approximately February – October 2023.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Authentics Program Manager with execution of game-used memorabilia collection
• Assist in the assessment of product needs/supplies and place orders accordingly
• Assist in the management of all inventory related to game-used and autographed memorabilia, including game day Authentics Shop, Nationals Team Store and other points-of-sale
• Work closely with MLB Authenticators in game day fulfilling requests
• Other duties as assigned.
• Successfully pass a background investigation
• Available for entire term of internship
• Must be available to work all 81 home games and other marketing events which will include nights and weekends
• Authorized to work in the United States
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Must have a high degree of professionalism
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge and understanding of baseball
• Interest in sports marketing, entertainment and baseball as a career preferred.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Gameday Seasonal: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmj6q2-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.