Summer Virtual MBA Intern - Games Production
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks a Games Production MBA Intern for the Production department.
The WBIE Production Summer Intern will have the opportunity to learn about the way a game publisher evaluates new game opportunities by working closely with the Executive Producer .
WBIE is currently involved in a variety of new projects, ranging from casual games to core games featuring our well-known franchises on all platforms (console, digital, mobile) with a heavy focus on live service. All of this would provide for a well-rounded experience at an exciting game publishing studio making its mark on the industry.
The ideal candidate has a strong analytics and/or psychology background combined with a solid understanding of the game creation process. This person should be a team player, self-motivated, highly literate in video games, willing to experiment, take direction and able to communicate complex ideas and themes.
Games Research /Market Analysis
• Drive competitive research, teardowns, genre analysis and benchmarks of external games and market trends to support project greenlights and translate best practices into actionable product strategies
• Participate in Initial developer diligence meetings
• Assistance in setting up demos on a variety of different hardware
• Playthroughs of various game demos
• Write-ups on game demos both from a gameplay and market opportunity perspective
Developer Relations, Production and/or DPM
• Provide support with general responsibilities such as maintaining developer database, generating NDAs, and other duties as needed.
• Work experience in the video game industry is ideal, but not absolutely necessary
• Work experience related to consumer research, and/or the use of statistical methods for understanding consumer behavior in the entertainment industry would be ideal
• Broad knowledge or experience in entertainment is ideal. Specific areas of value are direct work experience in game production, Mobile games, retail sales, AAA marketing/market analysis, PR, finance, and data science and consumer behavior.
• Must be comfortable self-developing and presenting to top management on a variety of industry topics and trends
• BA or BS degree required.
• Coursework in computer science, game development, design or related fields preferred.
• MBA in progress from an accredited school.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Team player.
• Highly organized and self-directed.
• Passion for video games. Broad knowledge of the games industry, including an understanding of various game mediums: consoles, mobile, Free-2-Play games, and social games with team-based multi-player mechanics.
• Clear understanding of various market segments and their purchasing and play behaviors including, youth, casual, and core demographics.
• Familiarity with the latest popular single and multiplayer titles helpful.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must display resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (35-40 hours/week) designed for full program immersion.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward MBA students