- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionUbisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell, as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Rayman Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studios in Pune & Mumbai where we stand 1000+ strong today in strength! If you've got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
We have very challenging and exciting opportunities for creative minds to develop their expertise and capabilities to grow. At Ubisoft we favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit, and, together, we build success.
As a Technical Animator, you will be supporting while innovating animation systems and activities. Working closely with animators, riggers, designers, and programmers, you will be working with mocap data, lip sync and facial animation systems, animation rigs, physics rigs, animation state machine trees and dynamic objects. In this role, you will follow, refine, or establish pipelines for both conventional and innovative features.
• Create, own, and maintain Gameplay Animation Decision Trees, State Transitions, Blend Trees for realistic Gameplay Animations
• Design, implement, and improve animation state machines and procedural runtime animation solutions such as IK / Ragdoll / Retargeting
• Develop animations creatively and technically in both DCC (3DS Max/Motion Builder/Maya) and engine workflows
• Develop prototypes of gameplay mechanics and systems from animation perspective
• Work across a variety of areas including rigging, in engine animation systems and tools development
• Develop, test, and maintain animation systems in conjunction with animators, gameplay programmers and other team members as required
• Collaborate with Animators, Designers, Programmers and QA to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Minimum 1 year of experience in the video game industry or similar technical experience is a must.
• Previous experience in a technical role related to animations (e.g., Game Developer, Technical Designer, Technical Animator, Technical Artist, Visual Scripting etc.)
• Experience in gameplay mechanics development
• Good technical knowledge and understanding of editors such as Unreal, Unity
• Animation State Machines and breaking down of gameplay animations
• Character Animation (any of these; Motion Builder, 3DS Max, Maya)
• Character Rigs & working with joint constraints
• In Engine IK
• Video game development process
• A prototyping and iterative approach, being able to take existing systems and elements and quickly repurpose them in a new context
• Resourcefulness in problem-solving.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent ability to organize and prioritize own work.
• Ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Would be a plus:
Good understanding of game design and level design
• Passion for videogames and good knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Positive attitude and a genuine team player
• A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges
Note: It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy959k-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams