CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft's 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players' lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin's Creed® titles since Assassin's Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin's Creed® III, Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin's Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
You will be responsible for the development of the animations using the characters and objects to construct the animated scenes of the game:
• Get to know the game design documents in order to get to know the list of characters and take an inventory of their actions taking particular attention to their personalities and movements
• Get inspired by the Artistic Director of Animation's references and directives to understand the quality objectives in regards to fluidity, uniformity, justice, etc...
• Use 3D models and rigs created by the character modelers to develop animations which respond to the style chosen
• Interact with the programmers and DT Animation to better know the game engine possibilities in order to get the best animations possible which respecting the technical restraints
• Respect the schedule and the priorities in order to respond to the animation requirements of the game
• Verify the quality of the animations integrated into the game. Play regularly and bring improvements to assure uniformity and coherence overall.
• Correct the animation bugs entered into the database by the testers or the team. , (for example: weight perception problems, or discontinuity of movement, etc...)
• Document your work by archiving regularly and keeping the documents up to date.
• Qualifications and Technical Competencies:
AEC in 2D or 3D animation or in video game development
WHAT YOU BRING
• Excellent understanding of movements in space
• Excellent knowledge of a 3D DCC (3DS Max, Maya, Motion Builder ...)
• Able to modify and clean up Motion capture (Motion Builder)
• Video game engine's animation systems knowledge (Unreal, Unity…) is an asset.
• Game jam experience, ability to draw or basic scripting knowledge is an asset.
• Able to collaborate well with the other members of the animation team and other team members
• Be able to receive constructive criticism.
• Positive and Proactive to learn new tools and challenge yourself.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8p20x-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.