Intern - NCAA Digital Postgraduate - Editorial
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job Description2021-2022 NCAA Digital Postgraduate Internship: Editorial
Turner Sports is seeking an energetic and versatile editorial sports intern for NCAA Digital. This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to gain experience in digital sports journalism as well as gain an expectation of what the day-to-day work is like. NCAA Digital Editorial interns write, edit and produce original content for NCAA Digital covering all 90 NCAA championships. NCAA Digital oversees the operations, day-to-day production, marketing and sales of NCAA.com, the official website of the NCAA. In addition to NCAA.com, the NCAA Digital team oversees products for the Division I Men's Basketball Championship, including March Madness Live. NCAA Digital is part of Turner Sports, a division of WarnerMedia. This internship is designed to provide real-work experience in the intern's desired professional field.
• In this role, you'll be asked to produce a wide range of work–from the very basic publishing of wire stories, press releases and weekly polls to generating your own original stories.
• You'll learn how to best lure readers with effective headlines and teases for all delivery–desktop, mobile, newsletters or partners.
• You'll be asked to write quick daily news items across a variety of subjects.
• You'll develop a strong understanding of social networking sites and how they can help us reach more readers as well as help develop stories.
• You may be asked to cover NCAA Championships on site for the website and digital products
• We're looking for someone ready to keep his or her feet moving and work independently.
• Enthusiasm, risk-taking and collaboration are highly valued.
• It's also important that you're versatile, and able to adapt to the fast-changing digital landscape.
• Extensive social media experience
• Passion for sports and digital media
• Excellent editing skills and knowledge of AP style
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working under pressure
• Experience working for media organization or student web/print publication
• Basic Photoshop and HTML skills a plus
NCAA Digital Postgraduate Internship Program
• For the 2021-2022 internship, interns will have the option to work the entire internship from a remote location, though we may bring you to our Atlanta offices (on our expense) a couple times.
• This is an eleven-month, benefits-eligible paid program: Aug. 3, 2021 to July 1, 2022
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) plus overtime eligibility
• This job will require regular weekend work and nights.
• All candidates must be recent graduates (within 2 years post-graduation) of a four-year NCAA member institution.
• Company-owned laptop provided for the duration of the program
• Former NCAA student-athletes are also strongly encouraged to apply.
• Deadline to apply is June 14, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zmm9-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.