Intern - Programming Undergraduate Placement
Tt Games Studios
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionProgramming Undergraduate Placement Internship (TT Odyssey - Brighton)
Your New Role...
TT Odyssey in Brighton are on the lookout for a Programming Intern to join their small, talented team. The paid internship is for 12 months over the academic year 2023-2024.
Our mission is to build on the success of LEGO Star Wars Battles and create new high quality free to play games, drawing on the roster of Intellectual Properties owned by Warner Bros. Discovery.
Since the studio was founded in 2017, we have offered a successful internship position each year on our code team. As an intern you will receive work appropriate to your current skill and experience, in addition to mentoring. You will quickly become an integral part of the team, and have the opportunity to grow at your own pace. Previous interns have worked in areas such as: user interface, player progression, character behaviour, gameplay prototyping, AI, shaders, cloud server, and network backend. You're friendly, eager to learn, and will thrive in our informal environment.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Work with animators, artists and designers to create new characters for epic battles.
• Implement new meta game features collaborating with designers and artists.
• Work on server-side features supporting the game.
• Use C# and Go to implement features in the game.
• Participate in our agile processes.
• Provide critical feedback from your perspective on the game in development.
• Make our games fun.
Qualifications & Experience...
• You must be a current University student in your 2nd year of study, looking to spend your 3rd year on placement and graduating no earlier than July 2024.
• On a degree course in Computer Science, Maths, a relevant subject or equivalent experience.
• A self-starter able to understand a goal, research and plan the steps to achieve it.
• Willing to pick up new languages and technologies.
• Flexible with new ideas and, most importantly, open to direction and iteration.
• Willing to help others and ask for help where needed.
• Have experience in coding, for example in C# C++, or Java.
• Desire to communicate and work with coders, artists, testers, game and audio designers in a dynamic team environment.
• Love games and want to start a career making them.
• If there's any work you're particularly proud of, that you'd like us to see, please provide us a web link in your CV. We'd love to see your programming projects!
Testimonial from a previous intern...
I don't think I can do it justice with words, but I would recommend the internship for sure. The work environment was friendly and organised, everyone was helpful and I never felt overwhelmed with my tasks. I got to work on and learn about a nice variety of features, which was exactly what I had hoped for. I also think my code had significantly improved in my time there. It was a great experience.
• Salary: £22,000
• Contract Length: 12 months
• Start Date: Likely to be 26th June 2023
• You will gain hands-on experience working on business-critical projects.
• You will have access to personal and professional development courses, executive speakers' series, special screenings and more.
• You will be part of our Early Talent network of over 100 interns & apprentices, meaning you will have an important support network of other students, graduates and apprentices and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please submit your CV (including any links to programming projects) if you'd like to apply by Sunday 26th March 2023.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d83nbq-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.