Intern - FX Animation
Santa Monica, CA
As a Visual Effects Intern you will work alongside the best and the brightest artists to learn different aspects of a VFX artist's responsibilities in a game production studio environment. You'll engage in creating real-time VFX assets with the opportunistic goal of having your work featured in Treyarch's next Call of Duty game. This position requires an individual with great artistic sensibilities, robust technical skills, and a strong work ethic. The individual must be passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful Visual Effects Artist in the video game industry.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Recreate natural phenomena such as fire, smoke, explosions, dust, water, and weather systems using a proprietary Treyarch toolset
• Set dress gameplay spaces with ambient atmospheric effects and produce stunning scripted effects for high-impact game moments
• Learn different aspects of a visual effects artist's responsibilities in a game production studio environment.
• Create textures for use in particle effects using Nuke and other 2D/3D applications
• Engage in a self-driven project that demonstrates what you have learned while at Treyarch
• Portfolio or demo reel showcasing your work
• Possess drive and flexibility to quickly learn new pipelines and toolsets
• Must have a good understanding of the principles of animation and composition
• Ability to work in a real time 3D particle editor/3D package
• Good skills using image editing software such as Nuke, After Effects, or Photoshop
• Good verbal and written communication skills when collaborating with others
• Desire to pursue career in real-time VFX for video games
• Previous VFX experience
• Examples of real-time/rendered particle VFX work
• Experience with a video game editor(s), such as Unreal, Radiant, and/or Unity
• Understanding of rendering/compositing concepts
• Adobe After Effects or Nuke experience
• Experience with Fume FX, Houdini, Thinking Particles, Maya fluids and rigid body dynamics
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.