Intern - Level Design
Santa Monica, CA
We are looking for talented Interns to join our Technical Art team in creating high quality content and workflows for the artists at Treyarch. Inspiration may come from artist requests, collaborative discussion, competitive analysis, game design requirements, or engineering directives. The ideal candidate has interest, and some experience, in both engineering and art as well as a keen sense of seeing fixes where others find workarounds.
Note: If your strengths are on the technical side and you're looking to make a shift from Engineering to a stronger involvement on the Art side (or vice versa), we want to hear from you!
What you'll be doing:
• Working with all art teams to understand and improve content creation processes and pipelines.
• Learning how Technical Art teams support a fully operational production art team.
• Monitoring game performance and memory usage, and learning best practices.
• Scripting and tools development in Python, C#, MEL, MAXScript, HLSL, or similar.
• Ability to use Maya, MAX, or an equivalent content creation package.
• An understanding of and interest in Physically Based Rendering.
• An honest understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses.
• The desire to learn how everyone does everything.
• The ability to translate your experiences into written word.
• A strong desire to expand your skillset.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.