Intern - Technical Artist
Santa Monica, CA
As a Level Design Intern at Treyarch, you will be a member of our multiplayer level design team for Call of Duty. Collaborate with the team to design and document multiplayer levels, starting from top-down maps and progressing to in-game, playable content. Work with other designers and artists to make those designs come alive.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Collaborate with art and design to develop unique gameplay experiences and environments
• Design, create, and iterate on multiplayer maps from paper prototype to map completion
• Work with the MP Lead to identify and resolve gameplay issues
• Participate in game wide playtests and provide feedback
• Experience with video game development in professional, indie, or academic settings
• Ability to work as part of a team with a strong understanding of the value of collaboration
• Passion for FPS games
• Familiarity using any 3D level building tool including Unreal, Radiant, Unity, Max/Maya, etc.
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Ability to give and take critical feedback
• Experience with the Radiant level editor
• Photoshop Skills
• Expertise in architecture
• Bachelor's Degree
• MOD community experience
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.