As a Game Design Intern at Treyarch, you will be a member of our gameplay design team for Call of Duty. You will collaborate with the team to design, document, and prototype gameplay, mechanics, and systems, as well as work with interdisciplinary professionals to make those designs come to life.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Design content, modes, or systems for campaign, multiplayer or zombies
• Craft detailed, easy-to-read design documentation that communicate your designs clearly and effectively
• Collaborate with the team to prototype, iterate, and tune your work
• Provide and receive constructive feedback and participate in design discussions and playtests
• Learn about Treyarch's design tools and processes
• Experience with video game development in professional, indie, or academic settings
• Ability to work as part of a team with a strong understanding of the value of collaboration
• Creative minded with a passion for game design and problem solving
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• A positive, professional attitude
• Comfortable with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• A good feel for fun and engagement, as well as market trends
• Able to work autonomously, be self-motivated, and not afraid to ask questions
• Visual design skills and working knowledge of apps like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or XD
• Passion for video games, especially multiplayer/shooters/Call of Duty
• Comfortable with Radiant, Unreal/Unity, and familiarity with one or more scripting languages
Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. We will be determining whether this program will be in-person at our Playa Vista, CA studio or virtual in the coming months based on government recommendations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx5o9-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.